Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2, the popular fighting game featuring beloved Nickelodeon characters, has recently announced its first major update with version 1.2. This update, much anticipated by the gaming community, brings a variety of enhancements and adjustments aimed at refining the gameplay experience.
A significant focus of the 1.2 update is on improving the performance for Nintendo Switch players. The patch includes general enhancements in loading times and overall performance, ensuring a smoother and more responsive gaming experience. This update is a response to community feedback, highlighting the developers’ commitment to optimizing the game across various platforms.
Gameplay Adjustments: Balancing Characters and Mechanics
The update introduces a series of balance adjustments and tweaks to enhance the fairness and competitiveness of the game. Changes have been made to the mechanics of ultimates against mobs in campaign mode, and adjustments to Training Mode Triple Platform collisions have been implemented. These tweaks are designed to provide a more balanced and enjoyable gaming experience.
Several characters in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2 have received specific adjustments to ensure balanced gameplay. For instance, the update includes tweaks to Patrick’s forward special, Ember’s VFX, and Jenny’s special up slime. These changes are aimed at standardizing character performance and addressing any overpowered or underperforming elements.
Enhanced Training Mode and Audio Improvements
The update also enriches the Training Mode with new features, such as a frame-by-frame option now being the first choice in the menu and the removal of pause delay. Audio enhancements have been implemented, including adjustments to the Announcer’s voice and Gir’s voice pitch, contributing to a more immersive gaming experience.
User Interface (UI) improvements have been made to provide a more user-friendly experience. These include a more accurate randomization of competitive stages and fixes to campaign power-ups descriptions. Item adjustments, such as tweaks to Reptar’s Toy Car, have also been introduced to enhance gameplay mechanics.
The version 1.2 update is just the beginning of ongoing improvements for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2. Future updates are expected to include further character balancing, Training Mode enhancements, and additional controller customization options. The developers are committed to incorporating player feedback and continually refining the game to enhance the overall experience.
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2 Update Version 1.2 Full Patch Notes
- General improvements on loading times for Switch
- Switch – Performance improvements
- Tweaks on ultimates against mobs in campaign mode.
- Training Mode Triple Platform collisions tweaks
- Characters can no longer slip off platforms without getting hit.
- SDI value now resets on multihits.
- Edge roll cancel on frame 5 was removed entirely
- Fixes and tweaks to reflective hitboxes.
- Companions no longer count as a death in campaign mode.
- Flying Dutchman no longer clips on the Flying Dutchman stage during cutscenes.
- Slime Charge attacks no longer have a knockback multiplier, only damage multiplier.
- You can now pummel characters with the grab button.
- Leaving a rank match while in the loading screen won’t change your current rank points.
- You can now map the movement buttons for keyboard players.
- Ranked loading and matchmaking improvements.
- Zoom in camera speed was incremented
- Training mode frame by frame is now the first option in the menu
- Training mode pause delay removed.
- Announcer Fight voice was added to vs matches
- 3, 2, 1 Game voice line volume lowered.
- Gir’s voice pitch tweaks.
- Harmonic’s convergence ambient SFX lowered
- Reptar’s Toy Car rotation on dropped tweaked
- Random competitive stages button now only randomizes competitive stages.
- Azula and Reptar Campaign Power Ups description was fixed.
- Turning hitboxes on and off won’t make the HUD disappear.
- Patrick can’t get stuck while holding a player during forward special.
- Ember lose VFX was adjusted correctly.
- Ember edge grab animation time standardized.
- Jenny special up slime now gives you a bit of fuel and has faster speed.
- Gertie teeter special up is now more consistent.
- Gertie’s Cooking Pot now deals explosive damage.
- Gertie’s special forward now clamps the speed after hitting or slime cancel.
- Gertie’s Special Neutral Tint now disappears after respawning.
- Jimmy Special Down VFX tweaked so it follows the character.
- Mecha Plankton Charge Forward Air slime cancel now clamps your current velocity.
- Special Up now has a clamp on his velocity after using special up.
- El Tigre special forward can’t slime cancel during opposing character grabbed state
- Charge Air Forward Hold landing lag increased from 20 to 25
- Charge Air Forward Release landing lag increased from 23 to 30
- Charge Air Forward Fireball hurtbox and hitbox adjusted to make hitbox smaller and hurtbox bigger
- Charge Air Forward Fireball speed slightly reduced
- Charge Air Forward Fireball distance slightly reduced
- Light Air Up angle changed to 75 for both hitboxes
- Light Air Up hitbox reduced slightly
- Light Air Up not reversible anymore
- Tail hurtbox slightly extended.
- Jab 1 and 2 active frames reduced from 6>9 to 6>8
- Jab 3 and 4 active frames reduced from 6>9 to 6>7
- Ftilt active frames reduced from 10>18 to 10>16. Weak hit starts 1 frame sooner.
- Ftilt strong hit BKB reduced from 13.5 to 13 & KBG reduced from 16.5 to 16.
- Utilt range slightly reduced.
- Fair range slightly reduced.
- Fair damage reduced from 17/15 to 15/13.
- Uair adjusted, reaches slightly less forward.
- Uair early and late hits angle reduced from 60° to 50°.
- Uair damage reduced from 14 to 12.
- Bair active frames on 2nd hit reduced from 16>19 to 16>18. Landing recovery increased from 11f to 12f.
- Auto cancel frame delayed from 31 to 32.
- Bair damage reduced from 8/8 to 7/7.
- Nair’s early hit angle was reduced from 45° to 40°, medium from 65° to 55° and late from 85° to 70°.
- Damage reduced from 16/13/10 to 14/13/10.
- Special neutral landing recovery increased from 7f to 10f.
- Special down charge in air now has 10 frames landing recovery.
- Neutral Special damage reduced from 5 to 3
- Fire Nair Block stun reduced from 6 to 5
- Fair KBG reduced from 19 to 17.5