Hold onto your headsets, gamers, because the PlayStation VR 2 premiere has finally arrived and it’s shaping up to be the biggest event of 2023 in the gaming industry! Virtual reality enthusiasts have been on the rise, and with the release of this incredible new hardware, it’s no surprise that players are willing to shell out PLN 3,000 for a chance to dive headfirst into immersive gameplay.
Of course, what’s a VR system without some epic games to play? That’s where Sony comes in, and they’re not messing around. The already impressive list of 38 titles, which includes heavy hitters like Gran Turismo 7 (with VR updates), Resident Evil Village (also with VR updates), and Horizon: Call of the Mountain (a brand new installment of the fan-favorite franchise), is getting even longer with the addition of ten more games hitting the market today or in the coming month.
So, what are these hot new titles? Get ready to add these to your must-play list:
- Another Fisherman’s Tale (2023) – If you loved the award-winning A Fisherman’s Tale, get ready for the sequel! This adventure takes you through a surreal world full of imaginative locations and puzzles that will have you hooked from start to finish.
- Gorn (March 16) – Step into the arena with this production from Free Lives, where gladiator fights are the name of the game. You’ll have a variety of weapons, enemies, and game modes to conquer in this brutal and exciting title.
- Nock: Bow + Arrow Soccer (March) – Who says you can’t mix sports? In this mashup of different games, you’ll skate and fly around a pitch-like arena while using bows and arrows to shoot the ball into the opponent’s goal.
- Hellsweeper VR (2023) – From the creators of Sairento VR and the publisher of Arizona Sunshine comes a game where physics as we know them no longer apply. Get ready to explore various dimensions of hell while mastering a wide range of weapons and elemental magic, all while performing insane, gravity-defying moves.
- Ragnarock (February 22) – Whether you prefer solo or multiplayer gameplay, Ragnarock has got you covered. Take on the role of a Viking ship and race through lands known from Norse mythology, using your two hammers to crush incoming runes in sync with the Viking music.
- Runner (February 22) – Step back in time with this arcade game styled after 80s anime. You’ll take part in futuristic motorcycle races while shooting down opponents.
- Startenders: Intergalactic Bartending (February 22) – Take on the role of a bartender serving up drinks to hundreds of customers. With a huge number of drink combinations to create and a competition mode with other players, there’s never a dull moment behind the bar.
- Sushi Ben (2023) – This narrative adventure game puts you in the shoes of a hero trying to save a local sushi restaurant from going under. But first, you’ll need to gain the trust of the townspeople by getting to know them and helping them out.
- Swordsman VR (February 22) – Get ready for some realistic sword-fighting action in this challenging game. You’ll face off against armored enemies who can parry, dodge, and respond to your attacks, making every duel a test of your skill.
- Unplugged: Air Guitar (February 22) – Who needs a real guitar when you can rock out with a virtual one? Play the greatest hits of rock stars like Ozzy Osbourne, The Offspring, and Weezer in this fun and immersive title.
With such an incredible lineup of games, there’s no doubt that the PlayStation VR 2 is going to be a game-changer.
What’s more? The following is the list of previously announced title that you would be able to play with a PlayStation VR 2 headset.
- After the Fall (Vertigo Games) – February 22
- Altair Breaker (Thirdverse)
- Before Your Eyes (Skybound Interactive) – March 10
- Cave Digger 2: Dig Harder
- Cities VR (Fast Travel Games) – February 22
- Cosmonious High (Owlchemy)
- Creed Rise to Glory: Championship Edition (Survios) – April 4
- The Dark Pictures: Switchback (Supermassive) – March 16
- Demeo (Resolution Games)
- Drums Rock (Garage 51)
- Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate (MyDearest Inc., Perp Games)
- Fantavision 202X (Cosmo Machia, Inc.)
- Garden of the Sea (Neat Corporation)
- Gran Turismo 7 (free PS VR2 upgrade for PS5 owners)
- Horizon Call of the Mountain (Firesprite, Guerrilla) – February 22
- Job Simulator (Owlchemy) – March
- Jurassic World Aftermath (Coatsink)
- Kayak VR: Mirage (Better Than Life)
- Kizuna AI – Touch the Beat! (Gemdrops, Inc.)
- The Last Clockwinder (Pontoco/Cyan Worlds)
- The Light Brigade (Funktronic Labs, PS VR and PS VR2 version included)
- Moss 1 & 2 Remaster (Polyarc) – February 22
- NFL Pro Era (StatusPro, Inc., (free PS VR2 upgrade for PS VR / PS4 owners)
- No Man’s Sky (Hello Games)
- Nock: Bow + Arrow Soccer (Normal VR LLC) – March
- Pavlov VR (Vankrupt) – 2023
- Pistol Whip (Cloudhead, free PS VR2 upgrade for PS VR/PS4 owners) – June 2023
- Puzzling Places (Realities.io, free PS VR2 upgrade for PS VR/PS4 owners) – February 22
- Resident Evil Village (Capcom, free PS VR2 upgrade for PS5 owners)
- Rez Infinite (Enhance, PS VR2 version discount for PS VR/PS4 owners) – February 22
- Song in the Smoke (17 Bit, free PS VR2 upgrade for PS VR/PS4 owners) – February 22
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge (ILMxLAB, free PS VR2 upgrade for PS VR/PS4 owners)
- Synth Riders (Kluge Interactive, free upgrade for PS VR2)
- The Tale of Onogoro (Amata KK)
- Tentacular (Devolver)
- Tetris Effect (Enhance, discount on PS VR2 version for those who own the PS VR / PS4 edition)
- Thumper (Drool LLC) – March
- Townsmen VR (HandyGames)
- Vacation Simulator (Owlchemy) – March
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners: Ch. 2: Retribution (Skydance) – 2023
- What the Bat (Triband)
- Zenith: The Last City (Ramen VR, free upgrade for PS VR2) – 2023
- Zombieland: Headshot Fever Reloaded (XR Games)
It’s up to you to decide if these proposals justify spending a considerable amount of money on PS VR2. However, considering the favorable reviews of the Sony headset, it may be worthwhile to consider purchasing it. If not immediately, perhaps in the future when the game selection expands and the price decreases (ideally).