Larian Studios, the developer behind the massively successful “Baldur’s Gate 3,” has released Hotfix 10, an update that addresses a variety of issues and brings a touch of humor to the patch notes.
This latest update may not be as extensive as some previous ones, but it includes some key fixes that will undoubtedly improve the gameplay experience.
Among the more amusing issues resolved is the syncing of voice lines and subtitles for Astarion, the high elf rogue, ensuring that his spoken words now match the on-screen text. Additionally, the patch extinguishes characters who were inexplicably on fire during a cutscene with Vlaakith the Lich Queen, a much-needed fix for what was surely a hot topic among players.
The update also remedies the “big blueberry” shoes problem, where male dwarf barbarians’ footwear lacked textures, giving them an odd, berry-like appearance. Now, the shoes have been restored to their intended look.
Here’s a rundown of the key fixes from Hotfix 10:
- Shadowheart will now properly follow the party.
- Controller issues with eye makeup and tattoo intensity sliders have been fixed.
- A potential Vulkan-related crash has been addressed.
- The desync between Astarion’s voiced lines and subtitles is no more.
- Player characters will no longer be on fire in the scene with Vlaakith.
- Male dwarf barbarians’ shoes now have their proper texture.
- The waypoints menu now opens correctly on the controller.
- Items will no longer be automatically picked up as wares after picking up at least one as a ware.
- Enemies in Ramazith’s Tower will no longer get stuck during combat.
“Baldur’s Gate 3” has been well-received since its launch, and with its recent expansion to PlayStation 5, despite some rough edges, it continues to be a hit. As the game prepares to make its way to Xbox consoles, players can expect even more polished gameplay following this and future updates.