Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon has been available for a few weeks now, and some players have already completed the game, exploring various endings. The game has received positive reviews, earning an 8.25 out of 10 in our review.
If you haven’t ventured into From Software’s latest action title yet, you’re in for a treat as a new patch has been released. This patch, now live, enhances several weapons and fine-tunes certain boss attacks.
Patch 1.02 Details
From Software rolled out Patch 1.02 today, and while it may not be a massive update, it brings significant improvements. This patch boosts the power of nearly ten weapons and addresses several bugs.
From Software states that this patch aims to “improve gameplay stability and make balance adjustments.” It focuses on providing players with more build diversity in the early and mid-game stages as they assemble their AC (Armored Core) while also fixing bugs.
The patch is available on various platforms, including PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. From Software has also mentioned that PvP-oriented balance adjustments will be introduced in the future.
Here are the weapon changes introduced in this patch:
- MA-J-200 RANSETSU-RF: Increased attack power and rate of fire, reduced reload time.
- LR-036 CURTIS: Increased attack power, reduced reload time.
- RF-024 TURNER: Increased attack power and projectile speed, reduced reload time.
- RF-025 SCUDDER: Increased attack power and projectile speed, reduced reload time.
- MA-J-201 RANSETSU-AR: Increased attack power and projectile speed, reduced reload time.
- MG-014 LUDLOW: Increased attack power, total rounds, and projectile speed, reduced recoil and reload time.
- DF-MG-02 CHANG-CHEN: Increased attack power, total rounds, and projectile speed, reduced reload time.
- MA-E-210 ETSUJIN: Increased attack power, total rounds, and projectile speed, reduced reload time.
Additionally, From Software has “adjusted certain attacks” performed by enemy units AAP07: Balteus, IA-13: Sea Spider, and IB-01: CEL240.
This patch addresses various bugs in Armored Core VI, including:
- A bug preventing certain weapons from dealing damage to the boss in the mission “Destroy the Weaponized Mining Ship.”
- A bug causing the boss in the mission “Prevent Corporate Salvage of New Tech” to not detect the player.
- Issues with enemy display during the mission “Survey the Uninhabited Floating City” and “Attack the Old Spaceport.”
- Incorrect damage dealt by vertical missiles and specific coral weapons.
- Improved camera controls during online arena battles.
- A bug causing punch animations to display incorrectly during online arena battles.
- Additional bug fixes for various issues.
Furthermore, specific platform-related bugs were fixed, ensuring a smoother gaming experience.
This patch aims to enhance your Armored Core VI experience by addressing various issues and boosting weapon capabilities. Enjoy the improved gameplay and get ready for future updates.
Unearth the Origins of Cinematic Gaming: Discover the untold stories behind Karateka’s creation by reading our detailed The Making of Karateka review.