The new patch 12.13 has been released for League of Legends, with Nilah already officially joining the game. Furthermore, we have learned the date when the new Star Guardian series skins will enter the store, the Master Yi has received buffs and changes have been made to the vision system on the map and goal rewards.
Patch 12.13 – most important changes
This update is quite large, and besides enhancements and weakening of individual heroes, the changes also included some in-game mechanics.
- Vision has been fixed – All jungle monsters and totems will be instantly visible, regardless of jumping or flashing into view. This change is especially eagerly awaited by junglers, who are now 100 percent sure that a particular camp is in the jungle, regardless of even if they only saw it out of the corner of their eye.
- Target rewards have been updated – Getting a target reward while targets are active will cancel all other target rewards on the map. Furthermore, heroes that can collect gold (e.g. Draven, Gangplank) and runes (Treasure Hunter), will no longer count towards the team’s total gold when calculating goal rewards. Also changed is the way dragons and towers are counted towards the aforementioned rewards.
- Nilah has appeared on the game’s official servers – Read about her skills and history on the official LoL website.
- Master Yi received a buff – The hero’s attack range has been increased. The Q was modified and the cooldown was reduced, and the mana cost and damage W was changed. Players are not entirely happy with this change. This hero performed very well at lower ranks, and Riot Games in order to adjust him to higher level gameplay will only make the difference worse.
- Sivir – The heroine received changes to all skills and basic stats. According to the description of patch 12.13, the heroine has the highest staggered area damage of all shooters from now on, all thanks to changed W and Q.
- Gwen – The heroine has been given quite a few boosts for each of her skills. The changes were made to Gwen’s Q, which was enhanced with two new functions. Also increased was the heroine’s health regeneration increment.
- Liandry’s Suffering – The passive effect of the Anguish item (spells set enemies on fire for 3 sec) is cumulative when dealt by several players simultaneously. While this change won’t be that noticeable in Summoner’s Rift games, ARAM mode could be hell after this change.
Rest of the changes in the patch
Obviously, the aforementioned changes are the ones most often highlighted by players. For other changes that included Olaf, Elise, Evelynn, and Fiddlesticks, among others, read the description of patch 12.13 on LoL’s website.
Finally, it’s worth mentioning that Star Guardian skins for Ekko, Kai’Sy, Nilah, Sony, and Fiddlesticks will be available in the store from July 14, 2022.
While the League of Legends community is a little surprised by the size of the patch, which seems on the infographic to be just a simple update, it hides a lot of content.
As for specific feedback, players are most critical of the enhancement for Master Yi. In their opinion, the character did not need any changes, let alone reinforcements.