Remedy Entertainment’s recent release of the Alan Wake 2 update 1.15 marks a significant improvement for players, particularly those pursuing in-game trophies and achievements. This update addresses several gameplay aspects, enhancing the overall experience and making it more user-friendly.
A highlight of update 1.15 is the addition of the Chapter Select menu. This feature, long requested by the game’s community, resolves a major frustration for players. Previously, missing a collectible meant replaying the entire game, but now, players can revisit specific chapters to collect what they’ve missed, easing the trophy hunting process significantly.
Moreover, the update introduces an option to adjust the horror flash visual and audio intensity, offering a choice between Low and Normal settings. This feature is particularly beneficial for players who may find certain horror elements too intense, allowing for a more tailored gaming experience.
Gameplay and Mission Fixes
The update brings numerous fixes to gameplay and missions, enhancing the game’s stability and user experience. Notable fixes include:
- Resolving an issue in The Final Draft (New Game Plus) where possessing Saga’s crossbow could hinder progress.
- Fixing a control freezing issue related to the Koskela brothers’ advert in the Oh Deer Diner.
- Addressing the collection of clues around Nightingale’s body and the Overlap ritual in RE03 Local Girl.
- Correcting the echo scene unlock and item charm distribution in New Game+.
- Improving the legibility of notes in opened Cult stashes.
- Numerous other fixes enhancing gameplay consistency and resolving minor issues.
User Interface and Audio-Visual Improvements
The update doesn’t stop at gameplay enhancements. Significant improvements have been made to the user interface, including:
- Added preview images for tweakable graphics settings on PC.
- Per-chapter counts for found Manuscripts in the Mind Place.
- Refined UI layout for localized content and save game displays.
- Enhanced audio quality, particularly in key events, and the addition of new sound effects.
Visually, the update brings general polish, improved shadow quality, better atmospheric effects, and more responsive animations. These visual upgrades enhance the game’s immersion, providing a more realistic and engaging experience.
The update also focuses on performance improvements across various platforms, including PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series consoles, and PC. These optimizations result in smoother gameplay, reduced stuttering, and enhanced lighting and shadow effects, ensuring a more enjoyable gaming experience.