Have you ever wondered which video games claim the most real estate on your console or PC’s storage media post-installation? Which ones require you to make the most room for them to comfortably settle in?
Renowned gaming outlet Twinfinite has recently conducted this intriguing investigation. As of May 11, 2023, they’ve compiled a list of the top fifteen video games with the largest installation sizes. The figures associated with these gaming giants are nothing short of astronomical.
The list predominantly features games from the PS4 / Xbox One era, although several newer entries, like Forspoken and Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, have also made the cut.
A New Record Holder
However, the undisputed champion of storage space consumption is Ark: Survival Evolved. This game stands head and shoulders above the rest, requiring a staggering 400GB of space. To put it into perspective, Ark: Survival Evolved requires more than twice the storage of the runner-up on this list.
The Fifteen Largest Video Games by Installation Size
Without further ado, here is the complete ranking of the video games that claim the most space on your storage devices:
- ARK: Survival Evolved – A Colossal 400 GB
- Quantum Break – A Hefty 178 GB
- Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War – A Substantial 175 GB
- Forza Horizon 5 – A Sizeable 156.6GB
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor – A Considerable 155 GB
- Forspoken – A Significant 150 GB
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) – A Noteworthy 150 GB
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – A Remarkable 150 GB
- Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition – An Impressive 148 GB
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection – A Respectable 137 GB
- Rainbow Six: Siege – A Solid 131 GB
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (2022) – A Decent 121.3 GB
- Mass Effect: Legendary Edition – A Fair 120 GB
- Borderlands 3 – A Moderate 116 GB
- Gears 4 – A Manageable 117 GB
Each of these games requires a significant amount of space, which is a testament to their expansive content, high-quality graphics, and intricate gameplay mechanics.
While these installation sizes might be a challenge for some storage systems, the immersive experiences they provide make the space trade-off worth considering for many gamers.