Today’s Nintendo Direct Mini was well filled with announcements about third party games in the 25 minutes. Among them were Monkey Island, Bomberman, Sonic, and many other familiar names. For your convenience, we’ve summarized what there was to see in the show.
Persona coming to the Switch with three games
In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Persona series, PlayStation games Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal will make the jump to the Nintendo Switch (and Xbox). Kicking things off is Persona 5 Royal, which comes out on October 21. No release date has been set for the other parts yet.
Release date for Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope announced
Finally, Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, the follow-up to the acclaimed Switch game Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, has a release date. Coming on October 20, 2022, we’ll be treated to tactical battles with Mario, Peach, and Ubisoft’s Rabbids, as we’ve seen in games like XCOM 2.
Nier: Automata comes to the Switch
NieR: Automata is coming to the Switch on October 6, 2022 as The End of YoRHa Edition. Like before, we will fight in it with androids (YoRHa) against the machines that have wrecked civilization and made humans escape to the moon. Included in the Switch version is previously released content, such as new modes and casts, though there are also exclusive new costumes.
Other Nintendo Direct Mini announcements
- A Plague Tale: Requiem – Cloud version was on display. It will be released on October 18, 2022.
- Blanc – Coming out in February 2023, the Switch-exclusive adventure game will have us playing as a deer in a black-and-white world who has to solve environmental puzzles with his mismatched friend.
- Captain Velvet Meteor: The Jump+ Dimensions – This strategy adventure game comes out on July 28, 2022.
- Disney Dreamlight Valley – The Early Access will begin on September 6, 2022.
- Doreamon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom – No exact release date yet, but it is expected to come out later this year.
- Dragon Quest Treasures – Square Enix revealed the release of the RPG for December 9, 2022 on the Direct.
- Harvestella – This new life simulation RPG is coming out on November 4, 2022 for Switch and PC.
- Little Noah: Scion of Paradise – This game is out on the eShop from today.
- Live a Live – A demo is now available on the Nintendo store.
- Lorelei and the Laser Eyes – This puzzle game was unveiled at the Direct. It will come out in 2023 for Switch and PC.
- Megaman Battle Network Legacy Collection – This collection will be coming to the store in 2023.
- Minecraft Legends – This spin-off to the hit brick game has been revealed for the Switch.
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak – New free content has been announced for the month of August in the form of Brooding Bazelgeuse. More to come in the fall and winter, as well as 2023.
- No Man’s Sky – This space game is heading to the Switch on October 7.
- Pac-Man World Re-Pac – Pac-Man’s 3D game in which we must save his family will be released on August 26, 2022.
- Portal: Companion Collection – Both Portal 1 and Portal 2 are being released today in the Companion Collection on the Switch.
- Railgrade – This management sim is heading to the Switch in the fall of 2022.
- Return to Monkey Island – This year, Guybrush will come to the Switch in a new look. An exact release date is not revealed in the trailer.
- RPG Time: The Legend of Wright – Coming on August 18, 2022.
- Sonic Frontiers – This open world Sonic will be released this winter.
- Super Bomberman R 2 – Super Bomberman R 2 is coming to the Switch in 2023 with a new battle mode called “Castle”. Players* will have to build and defend their own base in this one.
How did you like the Nintendo Direct Mini? Which was your highlight and what did you miss? Let us know in the comments below.
Join the WarioWare Party: Whether you’re a long-time fan of the WarioWare series or new to the chaotic fun, our WarioWare: Move It! game review is your ultimate guide to understanding what makes this game a hit on Nintendo Switch. Learn about the hilarious microgames, multiplayer modes, and why this game is perfect for your next gaming session.