Square Enix recently unveiled a treasure trove of details regarding the much-anticipated Dawntrail expansion for Final Fantasy 14 Online, slated for a summer 2024 release.
These exciting revelations were made by none other than the producer and director of the game, Naoki Yoshida, during his keynote address at the Final Fantasy 14 Fan Festival 2023 held in London.
One of the standout announcements was the introduction of a brand-new job, the dual-wielding Viper, a close-range fighter equipped with two one-handed blades that can be expertly combined into a single, formidable two-handed weapon.
Even more thrilling for fans was the confirmation of a crossover with Final Fantasy 16. The questline, known as “The Path Infernal,” is part of the 6.5x series and promises enticing rewards, including the attire worn by FF16’s Clive Rosfield, a Torgal mount, and an adorable Torgal companion.
A Wealth of New Content
The Dawntrail expansion promises to usher in an abundance of fresh content to enrich the Final Fantasy 14 Online universe:
- New City – Tuliyollal: This serves as the federal nation-state governing Tural and is situated in the Northern Reaches of Yok Tural.
- New Areas – Kozama’uka and Shaaloani: The tropical Kozama’uka region, replete with rivers, streams, and waterfalls, offers a vibrant landscape, while the arid Shaaloani region features vast rain-starved plains and the construction of a railroad.
- New Allied Tribe – The Moblins: Inhabitants of the jungles of Kozama’uka, these Moblins bear a strong resemblance to goblins with whom they share common ancestry.
- New Threats – Eliminator: A new challenge for players to conquer.
- New Alliance Raid – Echoes of Vana’diel: A collaborative venture that promises thrilling adventures.
- New Limited Job – Planned for the latter half of the Patch 7.x series: A forthcoming addition to enhance gameplay.
These enrichments are in addition to the content revealed during the FF14 Fan Festival in Las Vegas over the summer, where the introduction of the first graphical update was also celebrated.
Fans can look forward to even more insights into Dawntrail at the Final Fantasy 14 Fan Festival 2024, scheduled for January 7–8 in Tokyo. The event promises to shed further light on the upcoming expansion and its myriad offerings.
Xbox Beta and Beyond
In another exciting development, Square Enix has announced that the open beta for the Xbox Series X/S version of Final Fantasy 14 Online is set to launch between mid-January and February 2024.
With a slated release for spring 2024, Xbox players can immerse themselves in the realm of Eorzea, complete with 4K support on the Xbox Series X. This presents a golden opportunity for Xbox players to delve into the mesmerizing world of Final Fantasy 14 Online.
The future of Final Fantasy 14 Online appears brighter than ever, with the promise of new adventures, exciting crossovers, and expanded accessibility for a broader gaming community.