Almost two decades have passed since the release of GTA Vice City, yet many gamers to this day enjoy revisiting the game regularly.
This is heavily facilitated by a rich selection of mods that improve this classic. The new version of Grand Theft Auto Vice City Extended Features, which is one of the most ambitious projects of its kind, has just debuted online.
What you need to know about the GTA Vice City Extended Features
It is the largest Vice City enhancement modification of any fan production of its kind to date. Developing it took the author a decade.
While the project improves graphics, adds support for high widescreen resolutions, and fixes bugs, the greatest advantage of the project is gameplay changes and expansion of the game’s content with new features.
Among other things, Extended Features brings in gang wars over territories, in the style of those from GTA: San Andreas, and also a mass of mini-games (including poker and black jack). Also heavily expanded were modules responsible for the behavior of NPCs.
The map also underwent improvements – a lot of closed objects can now be explored, and some of them have started to serve as hideouts or objects that can be purchased. Furthermore, additional gangs have appeared in the game world. Also, there were new weapons, cars and a large set of fresh missions.
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Extended Features – What’s new in version 0.5
This new version of the mod is numbered 0.5 and introduces many new features, the most interesting of which are:
- A side mission revolving around water scooter fun has been added.
- 4 police side missions have also been introduced.
- Tommy has been granted the ability to call the police, ambulance, cab and fire department.
- Three new clothes have been added (military uniform, suit with tie, and dust jacket).
- Two new bicycles (BMX and mountain bikes) and one type of skateboard have been introduced.
- Newspapers have been implemented, updating after each mission (as in GTA 4), where we can read about our achievements, among other things.
- 15 new vehicles on the road.
Last but not least, we should add that the mod is only for GTA Vice City and will not work with the refreshed version of the game included in Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition.
Installing the modification is simple. You just need to download it from the ModDB website and extract the archive to the game folder.