SCS Software has released update 1.46 for Euro Truck Simulator 2. In other words, all of the new features that had been announced in past weeks have landed in the game at last.
They include, among other things, a new area to visit and the possibility to purchase chemical tankers. This patch is 3.1 GB in size.
So far, the news was only available for testing to those who had chosen to join the beta. However, the developers did not make all the fresh features available at the testing stage.
List of ETS2 patch 1.46 changes
The following is the list of new features that have arrived in Euro Truck Simulator 2 with the 1.46 update:
- A new area on the Iberian Peninsula (requires possession of the Iberia DLC). This is a small town with outskirts located near Madrid, Spain. It houses a new company;
- Iberian road signs that fit those actually used in the region. For example, using them, you can find out what region or city you are entering;
- Videos showing the city where you are starting a new game, for metropolises that are located on the Iberian Peninsula;
- Business browser. You can use it to find orders by type of cargo or type of trailer;
- An option to purchase chemical tankers. They are fully customizable in terms of appearance and available in three chassis variants (1-, 2- and 3-axle).
- A gallery that keeps screenshots taken during the game. While it retains the basic function of the Screenshot Manager, the overall feature has been expanded significantly. The map now features special landmarks and so-called photo trophies, i.e. country-specific objects.
A detailed discussion of each of the above new features can be found in a post on the official SCS Software blog.
We should remind you that the developer is also currently at work on a new DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2. This will take us to the Western Balkans. However, its release date remains unknown.