Larian Studios continues its diligent efforts to enhance the gaming experience in Baldur’s Gate 3 with the release of hotfix number seven.
While this latest update primarily focuses on resolving issues related to crashes and savegames, it notably falls short in addressing a persistent annoyance that emerged with Patch 3—companions offloading their inventories onto the player when dismissed.
One of the standout features introduced in Patch 3 was the much-requested Magic Mirror, situated within the confines of the camp. This mirror allowed players to tailor their character’s appearance to their liking, albeit with some limitations concerning race, subrace, and “cosmetic modifications” influenced by player choices.
The specific issues addressed in hotfix seven, as detailed in the patch notes on Steam, include:
- Fixed a crash occurring during dialogues in multiplayer sessions.
- Corrected crashes linked to corrupted item stacks that manifested during level transitions or region changes.
- Resolved a savegame problem when transitioning between regions with Withers’ Wardrobe still loaded from the previous region.
- Fixed a crash associated with loading savegames containing potentially invalid items in the inventory.
- Addressed a savegame issue concerning traps.
- Eliminated duplicated characters and items stemming from items traversing two different cached levels.
- Rectified the text background preview option’s failure to adjust its height after reducing the Dialogue Text Size.
Patch #3 is now live for Baldur's Gate 3!
This update brings the full release of Baldur’s Gate 3 to Mac, and allows you to change your character’s appearance in-game via the Magic Mirror. ✨🪞✨
— Baldur's Gate 3 (@baldursgate3) September 22, 2023
Despite these commendable improvements, the frustrating issue of companions leaving their belongings with players upon dismissal remains unresolved. Larian Studios has acknowledged this concern and confirmed that it is actively investigating the matter.
Furthermore, the studio has assured players that it is in the process of preparing additional hotfixes to tackle this problem, along with other issues reported by the player community.
Many players have encountered the exasperating quirk of “shared items when dismissing companions,” and the anticipation for a swift resolution is palpable. As Baldur’s Gate 3 continues to evolve, players eagerly await the promised hotfix that will bid farewell to this irksome companion inventory behavior.